Interior door repair

I've attached links to photos. Sorry for the long links. This is an interior hollow panel door with a good crack. Is it possible to patch and paint this and so it looks almost as if there was no crack? Or how do I repair it? Thanks.

Doug

That is one of the total-crap fiber doors. Very cheap. Very weak. Very not worth messing with. Just replace it and if your time is worth anything at all you will come out ahead.

Reply to
John McGaw

What he said.

As to the original questions, A) "No" B) If you think you must, Bondo or similar is about the only thing you can do on that stuff once you manage (if you can manage) to get the pieces back in alignment and get some super glue or other thin glue in there to hold them in place.

And, of course, even if you can manage the above, it won't last out the next bump w/o failing again.

Reply to
dpb

Anyone have a ballpark figure what it costs to have someone install a replacement of the same kind? Also do the new doors need to be painted?

Reply to
Doug

I agree it is a crappy door. I hung one like this myself and accidentally poked a hole in in by banging it when hanging. I actually repaired it with joint compound and painted it and it is hardly noticeable and since door is open to wall and usually stays open there is no problem. You could try this but your damage is more extensive.

It is really not that hard to hang an interior door and you might want to try it yourself. You will have to do some cutting to fit and it will need to be painted.

Reply to
Frank