How to unwarp interior door?

I just installed one of those 6 panel masonite doors. It was not prehung so I had to install new jambs, stops, hinges. The door is flush on the hinge side but on the knob side the top of the door sticks out a little too much. I'm thinking of bracing a piece of wood across the top corner and leave it in place for sometime and hope that it starts to go back. Anybody have a better way?

I guess the door was probably warped when I bought it, didn't think to check it.

Reply to
raymondj

The door might not be warpped. it could be that the walls on both sides of the door are not in alignment. One might be out of plumb more then the other. Sometimes you need to push the jambs in or out to correct the problem with the door sticking out. The other problem could be is when you attached the hinges they were not placed the same distance back from the edge of the door or jamb. If you cannot move the jamb at all now then you could always remove the stops and reposition them to help align the door better.

Reply to
PAUL100

Last fall I bought eight Masonite doors. I stained them all (6-sides) and two of them warped. Masonite replaced the two that warped and all has been fine since then. Some times you get a bad door.

RB

PAUL100 wrote:

Reply to
RB

I used a router template for the hinges so I "think" it's pretty accurate. As far as the walls being out of alignment I guess that's possible but the jamb is plumb and the door sticks out too far from the jamb (as well as the wall.) So I 'm guessing that's not the problem.

Reply to
raymondj