Inexpensive (relative, anyway) electrical fittings...

Anybody have a supplier they're keen on?

Just came from local and a single compression-style 1/2" EMT coupling was multi-$$. :( The set-screw type were cheaper, of course, but they're just butt-ugly. I've had a supply of old stuff from old work and pieces form previous projects that dated back probably 75 years in the haymow in amongst all the collected pieces-parts but seem to have run near the bottom on small-end stuff (1/2, 3/4, particularly).

Was going to extend the yardlight switch from the 3-way in the one garage to the south one (don't know why dad didn't go ahead when he did the wiring anyway other than they weren't using the second garage for a vehicle at the time and didn't envision ever doing so and it will take an additional conduit run thru the wall separating the two so I suppose it just didn't seem worth the effort) and came up short on fittings. I'll bite the bullet for the time being but I'd like to stock up to have supply on hand but hate to pay what seems like exorbitant cost...

--

Reply to
dpb

*You may have purchased steel fittings. The diecast are cheaper. It will be less expensive per unit to buy a full box at an electrical supply company than to buy one at a hardware store.
Reply to
John Grabowski

On 11/27/2012 3:57 PM, John Grabowski wrote: ...

Not at the supply here, no....don't have open account and their OTC pricing is absolutely egregious... :(

They'll be double the farm supply at least.

Reply to
dpb

Well, spent some time on eBay this AM--found a +ive-rated seller w/ box of 50 ea of straight and box 1/2" B&T compression fittings NOS w/ free shipping for roughly 40c each....snapped that deal right up.

Unfortunately same guy didn't have 3/4" at the moment so I'm still looking for a similar deal there...

I did call the local e-supply; they wanted roughly over $200/box for the same stock numbers...the farm supply is roughly $150/50 out of the bin.

--

Reply to
dpb