Ideas for pine wood paneling

Hi, I am looking for any ideas on how to brighten up a room with nice pine paneling. This is paneling from the 50's and is very nice. I would like to keep it and I am looking for ideas other than painting. Anyone try to put up different colored crown molding? Thanks

Reply to
Firas

If it's nice certainly dont paint it, I assume you cleaned it etc. there is nothing much you can do about 1950's shellac/varnish ambering. Other than that you can install some eyeball cans, put in some strong reveal bulbs, and aim them at the walls.

Reply to
RickH

How's it finished? Stripping/refinishing is possible but quite a lot of work. How much and how to approach it would depend on the actual type of paneling and how it's finished. How to refinish then would depend on what you would want it to look like...

--

Reply to
dpb

"Firas" wrote .

Have same. Same issue too .

Reply to
Cshenk

Not sure how its finished; it seems like a stain. It is certainly not shellaced.

Reply to
Firas