I'm surprised

That no company (yet) has embedded an air freshener in a furnace air filter.

My wife if company is coming and the house smells like last nights dinner sprays air freshener or perfume on the furnace filter before they arrive. Even in summer, she just turns on the fan.

Reply to
dandeman

You want us all to have to put up with homes that smell like walking into Yankee Candle? It would cause the biggest wave of mass suicides the world has ever seen.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

HEY, if that happens consider yourself lucky, my home smells like cheap perfume, with a hint of burnt cabbage.

Reply to
dandeman

Stop hiring polish prostitutes!

Reply to
Larry Bud

How about Ode du Brewax with a hint of WD40?

Reply to
Andy

GROSS!...If I want my home to smell like a w**re house, I'd just go there. Why not get your wife to make fresh bread or buns. Burning a few scented candles work good also...but spraying perfume?... Gross!

Reply to
Jimi

LOL! My wife is of Eastern European decent. If she ever see's this thread I'll be sleeping on the rec room couch for a month...and it smells like wet dog.

Reply to
dandeman

| HEY, if that happens consider yourself lucky, my home smells like | cheap perfume, with a hint of burnt cabbage.

Hmm. Perhaps you should be giving her better perfume. :-)

Morris Dovey

You let a dog into the house? A wet one, yet?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I agree, but it isn't that bad, Soft Shoulders or some damned thing, sorta baby powdery. Sometimes she sticks a fabric softener dryer sheet in front of the filter. They smell quite nice. But even so, I will be sitting watching TV, minding my own business, when I'm suddenly attacked by an unseen and previously un smelled odor. It can be quite disconcerting. Women eh!

Reply to
dandeman

No, THREE wet dogs.

Reply to
dandeman

You can buy one at Home Depot to put on your furnace filter.

They work for a few hours and then that is that.

Reply to
Leon

With women, and construction crews, you can't have it all ... and that is that.

Reply to
Swingman

Or a package of Gasex.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

All dogs are wet on the inside.

A lot of them smell like couches too.

Doug Kanter wrote:

Reply to
Mike Berger

I've never known anyone to spray a filter, but I do know people that attach laundry dryer sheets to their filters to accomplish the same thing.

jim menning

Reply to
jim menning

My wife lights scented candles to get rid of food smells, especially garlic or fried fish or chicken. I can't convince her that the food smells are preferable :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

LOL... I am betting that none of the women in your family were looking over your shoulder while entering this response.

Reply to
Leon

I find those braided armpits so sexy!

Reply to
Robatoy

I thought that couches smelled like dogs????

Reply to
help!