I hear Price Pfister stinks, but...

Hi,

So judging by some past posts, Price Pfister is not the best brand. But we happen to really like this faucet:

Being a slightly more expensive faucet, could this one be all right? Or does the "junk" designation apply to all PP faucets without exception?

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

Reply to
aaronfude

I have one P P in my house and it has been trouble free for about 15 years now. I don't think you have any worries.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Ditto. I have several and have had no more trouble with them than any other brand.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

I have 2 kitchen faucets (ne 3 years old thnd the one it replaced 12 years old used out in the patio kitchen now) and I agree they are trouble free. The problem is the amount of water they flow, particularly if you are on a well with 20-40 or 30-50 water pressure. I call them Price Pissers

Reply to
gfretwell

I have drastically increased the water flow of my faucets by removing the aerator disks.

Reply to
Walter R.

It's one of the best.

Buy it.

Reply to
Bawana

The PPs don't have big enough passages in the cartridge. I had the manufacturer send ne a "new style" that was supposed top flow more water but, alas no joy. Maybe you could get a Canadian model where they don't have our dumb 3GPM @ 80psi rule. That translates to pissing at 30PSI

Reply to
gfretwell

I paid 218.99 for a PP kit faucet, lasted about 3 months. The faucet handle started leaking, then wouldn't turn off then broke right off. Still waiting for them to honor the PFOREVER Guarantee.

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

I just installed a Price Pfister in a new bathroom and am happy with it.

-rev

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The Reverend Natural Light

When I remodeled I went exclusively with PP. My results

Kitchen Faucet changed approximately ten years ago has had two replacements of internal cartridge. I call PP, give them my warranty info and they send out the cartridges. takes about ten minutes to replace.

Bathroom lav faucets installed three years ago have had absolutley no problem. I believe these are ball valve types which is the best you can get in my opinion.

Bathroom shower single lever mixing faucet. Same as lav above. no problems in three years and a very good design.

Garden tub faucet. Also three years old. This is a two lever high rise and is of a cone washer plug design. Initially, I was wearing out a washer every six months, particularly on the hot valve. PP would send me a new plug assembly every time the washer wore out. Not very efficient and I have a bag full of stuff I don't need. I called and asked them to just send me a bunch of washers. Their service set up doesn't seem to be able to do that but they cheerfully send me the assemblies. Also about ten minutes to change. That design is such that my wife tended to push the handle closed with great force because she thought the dripping after the valve was closed meant that it wasn't. Not so, part of the anti siphon design. Once I convinced her to apply gentle force, the washers started lasting longer. last one been in about a year and a half, no problems. But I don't like that design. Ball valve much better.

I also have a diverter valve on that garden tub for a hand held sprayer. It has been trouble free but, once again, I'm not thrilled with the design. It is a push button diverter and the inlet is too small to take the diversion volume without a resounding pop when it is engaged. I put a water hammer device on the line to try to reduce it, but didn't work.

My read on PP, some designs great, others not so hot, lifetime warranty service great but I wish I didn't have to use it quite so often.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

I remodeled about 5 years ago and put PP fixtures all through my house, I'm on a well with pretty bad water and the PP fixtures have never given me any problems. I think they are one of the best.

George

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

George

Had min about 8 years now in my sons bathroom. It is about the only thing still working in there.

Reply to
jtees4