Price Pfister valve stem replacement

Hi- I was hoping someone could help me with a somewhat basic plumbing question.

I am replacing the valve stems for my shower (3 handle set-up).

As part of this I want to replace the the brass bushing that the valve stem presses into (not sure if I am using the right terms); the stems I bought from Lowe's came with new bushings. I was able to remove the old bushing, but the new bushing (that came with the stem that I bought) would not screw into the old seat. Upon inspection, it appears that the threaded section of the new bushing was half that of the old section. Not sure if this was why the new bushing would not screw in, but it is driving me nuts.

Has anyone had this problem before? Any ideas how to address this?

Thanks Sue

Reply to
Sue

you should take the old parts in and match them up on the spot, their are just to many differant ones to choose from

Reply to
jonnmarcy

Sounds familiar, although my problem dealt with the valve stem on my P/ F kitchen sink. I ended up contacting the company and they replaced the stem without cost but sent the wrong part. Eventually, they sent the right one so don't give up.

Reply to
digger odell

Thanks for the ideas. Unfortunately Lowe's was not much help. I'll try a plumbing supply store next and then Price Pfister.

Reply to
Sue

and then Price Pfister.

Reminder: carry the old part with you ;) Oren

--

Reply to
Oren