i have a question

Why do so many people fail to use the shift key when posting a message?

It seems to me that if they want their message read, they would want to make it easy to read. Ignoring the accepted conventions of capitalization (THIS ALSO ENCLUDES ALL CAPS) just does not seem to make sense. Are people really that lazy.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Poetic License

see: ee cummings, Victor Hernandez Cruz

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Yes. And they are too lazy to use spell-check to catch, say "encludes" when the word is "includes."

- Fred #2

Reply to
Fred the Second

pISS Piss read the shit and get off the Pot

Reply to
HaroldA102

Shift Key ! Mine does nothing, what should it do.

Reply to
m Ransley

I sometimes just wish that people would go back and "try" to read what they have typed. Some postings are so poorly typed that they are very difficult to read. I usually just skip those.

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

Reply to
Phil Munro

This is crapy web tv. I don`t have those nice features.

Reply to
m Ransley

Thank you, Wayne. A quick proofreading makes sense. Tom Work at your leisure!

Reply to
Tom

Reply to
William Brown

ROFLMAO

Reply to
UnFriendly Fire

Public schools. The average-child fallacy: all must succeed, everyone's a winner, anybody can learn algebra, there's no such thang as IQ, ...

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Another gets his gratification in 'other ways', has only one hand available, and the one he can use has a cramp in the muscles to his thumb.

Reply to
Michael Baugh

The modern generation of children has grown up without the father in the home, due to welfare policies which pay more for single parents.

Failing to get any recognition from their fathers, people look for more and more outrageous ways to attract attention. Including by violating the time honored standards that real men live by. Like wearing their pants in such a way to conceal their underwear. And using capitalization.

It is a demonstration of personal inadequacy, to fail consistently in using time honored communication standards.

"Encludes"? What's that? Perhaps "includes"?

I've also seen people who fail to use a space key when ending a sentence. Here is an example:

"I'm new here but not new to the wonderful world of survival.I've been studying the whole survival idea for several years now.My particular preparations are probably a lot different from must of you guys's plans.Firstly I never have to worry about snow or any kind of cold weather problems.Actually,we pray for cooler weather,at least for the few cool months between summer and the arrival of tourist season."

Isn't that hard to read?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It might be the wrong answer, but we can't damage your self esteem by giving you a failing grade. You can go on to 3rd grade, you're only 27 years old, now.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I skip multi level forwards, and ones with four sets of headers on top. If people can't trim, I won't bother to read.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

snip/////

If a man is fortunate, he will, before he dies, gather up as much as he can of his civilized heritage and transmit it to his children.

William Durrant

Those who have great realization about delusion are Buddha's. Those who are greatly deluded within realization are sentient beings.

Dogen, "Flowers Fall"

Reply to
F.H.

Ok, I'll pass on typos (email/news is speech, not compositions with multiple drafts), but...

Why do so many people fail to use good subjects?

This becomes kind of pertinent:

eric is a smart man.

Reply to
Chuck Yerkes

whhooosh.............!

BTZ

Reply to
bitzah

JM> Why do so many people fail to use the shift key when posting a message?

Possible answers: laziness, lack of understanding of basic grammar.

JM> It seems to me that if they want their message read, they would want to JM> make it easy to read. Ignoring the accepted conventions of capitalization JM> (THIS ALSO ENCLUDES ALL CAPS) just does not seem to make sense. Are people JM> really that lazy.

"Encludes" misspelled; final sentence is a question and therefore should have concluded with a question mark. (Ever have the feeling some days you just cannot win?!)

The "ALL CAPS" question can sometimes be answered because people do not know how to type and therefore take an easy way out, namely leave the keyboard in upper case mode. Another possible reason is the poster is missing a limb (or has it in a cast) and two-handed typing is impossible. Typing in all capitals is much faster.

Unfortunately I believe as new people get on the Internet we will encounter this and numerous other common errors repeatedly. I think it is best to politely correct them, as opposed to belittling them.

  • Definition: Heretic -- someone with head lice
Reply to
barry martin