HVAC seeking to boost air flow

This is Turtle.

Have the Government tell manufactor of gas furnaces that they can't sell any furnace that is less than 93%AFUE and you will cut out 1/2 the customers that would burn gas as a fuel and switch to electric furnaces which can't be improved any. Then you would have to put a tax on electric furnaces to raise the price of them up to the 93% furnaces to stop them from usaing electric hogs on effency and use more energy and they will not buy them either. Then they will all stop buying central air systems and go back to panel ray heaters. Then you will have the rich people having central heat and the regular Joe using panel ray heaters.

When the Government steps into a industry the drive the prices to the moon. Back in about the early 1990's when the government stepped in and said that 80% AFUE was the lowest rating that could be sold. At this time the average gas furnace

80K BTU 71% AFUE cost me about $300.00 . Then after the 80% mandate come into effect this same furnace with a 80% rating cost me over $500.00. Now take to day and tell everybody you have to buy the 93+% AFUE verses the 80% AFUE. If the furnace runs about $600.00 you will be telling the public that the $600.00 furnace is no good and you will be paing $1,000.00 for it now because the Government thinks you need to save 13% more on gas to save some money on your gas bill.

Like I said before when the Government steps into a industry, The prices go to the Moon.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Only if they are manufactured in Asia, like electronics. Shall we allow government meddling to drive yet another industry out of this country?

_______________________________

Liberals are thieves and dictators, unlike conservatives who are dictators and thieves.

Reply to
Gary R. Lloyd

No !!!

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

Turtle , only a person with subsidised electric will go electric, ex

04 Kwh Now- today- electric at 0.125 Kwh is nearly 3 TIMES the cost of gas at my gas price, which is the norm for the midwest of USA.

Do you remember the 1000$ microwave, sure you do, now it is 50$. Competition - demand dictates prices.

Reply to
m Ransley

This is Turtle.

Here in Louisiana where fuel or electricity is still pretty cheap. the people with all electric homes 2,000 sq. ft. [ no heat pumps ] with straight electric

15 KW element heat still get a $200 to $300.00 electric bill during the worst cold weather times. Some even have this set up and use a panel ray heater as heat and the propane cost them about $125 a month during cold months but we only have 2 of them. Here in the South we get the fuel off the top before the middle men start getting their cut off it. Louisiana produces 1/8 of all the natural gas the U.S.A. uses totally.

Now to the Microwave stuff. I can remember the $1,000.00 microwave but I bought one years ago and used it for YearS with a big S and now after giving it away to kind folk and bought a cheap one. It has been 5 years and I've bought two of them to last 5 years.

Now if the government tells the hvac industry to go to 13 seer and 93+% AFUE furnaces. The hvac industry is making about 1/2 of all their equipment now over seas and in Mexico and this will make them move all their operation over seas or to Mexico. I crossed the Border here a while back at Brownville and saw manufactoring plants of Rheem , Carrier, Trane, and Lennox. The produce the parts there and ship them into the U.S. and just put them together here. If you push them, They will just start assembling them there too and just ship them in. With this push you will cut over 100,000+ employees job lost to Mexico or over seas. Another not here all of Carrier equipment will be made and shipped into the U.S. as of now. They have moved all their operation over seas. The only jobs that will get the benefit of this is Railroad workers and Trucking companys and they might just be Mexican companys doing this.

The American people get screwed everytime the Government get into telling the industry what to do. The average assembly line Forman [ not worker ] get about $25.00 a day or $500.00 a month. The American counter part would want more than this.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE