Hunter Original Fan

I have a Hunter Original Fan circa 1995. Not much use but it is running slow ( bad capacitor ). I am told the capcitor is in the oil bath if so how do you get to it for repair. It is 3 speed with reverse not like the treu original. I think it is a split phase motor. Cannot find any diagrams of it.

Reply to
AL

Open it; the dagrams are usually stuck inside somewhere. Look for the cap while you're there.

Reply to
Twayne

The Hunter Classic Original has a limited lifetime warranty. See if you can find a repair shop in your area. I bought one from a thrift store for $5.00 that was running slowly and has it repaired for free.

Reply to
Ron

The capacitor is not in an oil bath, it may be an oil-filled capacitor.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Nope, only the bearings. But as I suggested he might be able to have it repaired for free if there is a authorized Hunter repair shop in his area.

Reply to
Ron