how to wire (2) 300 watts transformers to make a 600 watt transformer?

Both of the transformers are the same model. I need to wire the output together so I can install more lights. Please give me wiring instructions. Thank you.

Reply to
Hung Nguyen

You talking about PC power supplies?

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

It happens that Hung Nguyen formulated :

This should be fun.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

for full context, visit

Is this single-phase or two-phase?

Reply to
Buzz

use two lighting circuits, one transformer for each.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Huh? I bet there is not a single person here who has actually seen 2 phase.

Reply to
gfretwell

That is the best way for sure.

It they are simple AC transformers they could be put directly in parallel but would have to be fused separately and polarized properly.

Reply to
philo

You need to wire them in parallel - input and output - and they need to be properly phased Line1 to line1, Line2 to line2, output1 to output1, and output2 to output2. Get any of them crossed and you get a shorted output.

Reply to
clare

replying to clare, Hung Nguyen wrote: Thank you Clare. If I wire them parallel, will the output become 24 volts instead of 12 volts? The lights are only 12 volt.

Reply to
Hung Nguyen

No - parallel stays the same voltage - series adds voltage. Perhaps you should get a basic electricity text out of the library (you DO know about books and libraries, right) and learn a little bit about electricity before you do ANYTHING more..

Reply to
clare

Hasn't found what they need to know using the internet so I figured MABEE a book was more their speed. A lot of BS on the internet - for the "uninitiated" it's like sorting flyshit from pepper - a book is less likely to confuse.

Reply to
clare

A book is a good idea. Especially for someone who asks the very basic question above. It's hard to find on the web, on any subject, something that starts you at the beginning and takes you to the end, or even to the middle. Most webpages are short and deal with specific questions, and only briefly cover background information that you need.

You can't get away with writing a book like that, unless it's only 10 pages long.

Reply to
micky

Finding the latest information takes some doing. How does one find the date of some legitimate looking information?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

LOL I've never heard that one before!

Reply to
Muggles

At least a book has a print date - and a publisher so you can "fact check" - Generally a book that has been used as a school text book is relatively accurate -not saying you have to use a text book. You can generally find the author and verify his creds, unlike the large majority of internet "pages" and YouTubes.

Reply to
clare

Perhaps it's a "waterloo county-ism" - common expression here in "silicon valley north"

Reply to
clare

Yeahbut. I was thinking about the internet "pages". Is there anyway to check the date on them that doesn't involve a lot of time and skill? A lot of them don't seem to have any date.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Which is why a book is better. Anyone can put together a slick looking web page with all kinds of missinformation and look like an expert. - no way to verify what, when, or who.

Reply to
clare

These days, it seems anyone can write a book and plenty of them are fiction, even when being represented as fact.

Reply to
gfretwell