How to repair seam in granite counter tops?

The seam between sections of my granite counter is gone. I suspect the installer used some inferior epoxy. How can I redo the seam and make it match? Is this a job for a pro? Thanks.

Reply to
ephedralover

Gone as in there is nothing left of the filler or is it just badly degraded?

Assuming you can find some color matched epoxy you will still need to buff it out when finished, (there's more materials and tools you need). It doesn't sound like an expensive job for a pro, I would be inclined that way even though I might be able to figure it out myself in time. No research and it gets done right on the first try.

I don't think it is difficult but I do think there are specialized tools ( a decent buffer and angle grinder) and materials (multiple sanding grits and polish) that might make it more expensive than necessary for DIY. If you go that way, you'll be ready for any scratches too.

And don't forget about that experienced touch that only years of doing can give a tradesman.

Reply to
PipeDown

Its gone. Its like they used some dark putty. After a year it shriveled up. I think I will go the route of a pro. I do have an extra piece so he can grind it to match the color if need be. Thanks.

Reply to
ephedralover