How to make a wooden lampshade

Sure I have, but this is not the place to use it. If you were a woodworker, you'd understand. The simplest way would be to go to Wal Mart and buy a friggin shade, but that is not the point is it?

When I wanted a stand for my new TV, my choices were easy. Buy one for about $100, or make one for $150 in materials and 15+ hours labor. I'm very proud of the stand I made. One of a kind, solid oak.

Want to hear about the cutting boards I made for gifts? The boxes? The trivets? All could have been bought for less money, less energy, less time. All would have been boring too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

mike is right.

Da Vinci was wasting so much time painting he finally had to give up and do something useful. He became a productive member of society as a janitor.

Reply to
bud--

Yeah, as if Da Vinci made dated, crappy junk in the most inefficient way possible.

Who wants to pay $1000+ for a 70's looking lampshade, when you can get the same ugly lampshade for a fraction of the price?

Reply to
mike

Not me. But being able to make it is something you will never know about. Monetary value is not a consideration for the maker.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Does he not know that he can go to walmart and pay 99cents for a shade that was built by Malaysian orphans in a sweat shop from materials acquired from a toxic borrow pit in Mongolia!

Instead he took this perfectly good piece of wood that could have rotted away in a forest!

Reply to
wasyliw