how to insulate a 6 inch warp on bottom of door seal

My back door is slightly warped at that very bottom of the seal with the doorway enough to allow a breeze. I tried weatherstripping but it's not thick enough and falls off if i layer it. I am thinking about finding a way to shave down a piece of wood and attaching it either to the doorway or the door to allow both to meet flush. Is there an easier way to do it?

Reply to
Joe

Either way ought to work, but dealing with the threshold likely will be easiest. Choose a good water proof glue for the job, like Titebond II or III. To keep the new piece in place until the adhesive dries, use wedges so that if you have to do some planing or sanding on it there won't be fasteners to run into. Good luck

Joe

Reply to
Joe