how to fix schlage doorknobs

i have two doors that all of the sudden when locked an i am leaving the house they will not close. the latch does not suck in to close.i have to unlock the door then close it then lock it with the key. i took it apart and looked at it but have no idea what i am looking for.any helpers out there

thanks

brian

Reply to
mowermanbp

Try one of the lock lubes at Ace Hardware or similar. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

I will second this suggestion but only add the latch does not particularly need special lube. I (as a locksmith) use Triflow, as it is slick, clean and lasts a long time, but anything from WD-40 to 3inOne oil or even a few drops of the 10W40 you use in your car should solve the problem.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I do not recommend using WD-40 to lubricate exterior locks if you live someplace where it gets cold.

Reply to
scott_z500