How to find a specific group

I would like to try to find a google group for medical questions.

I did a search for "google groups medical" and found nothing.

But while I am here, are there folks who have have diabetes and have problems with cold feet and hands?

Sometimes I wear 3 pair of socks, and my feet are still cold.

Andy

Reply to
AK

An active webforum I have found very useful is at

retired1

google groups and usenet groups both would be a poor resource.

You need proper medical assistance.

... lacking that .. I have found that a google search with "mayo" included will result in hits for the Mayo Clinic which is an excellent resource for many medical issues -

- with everyday language and no adverts. Good luck, Andy.

ps : there are re-useable hand-warmers that might help ?

John T.

Reply to
hubops

You might want to see a real doctor while you still have feet.

Reply to
rbowman

AK wrote on 1/12/2024 6:23 PM:

I suggest you buy one of these "foot bath basin" to soak your feet in hot water. It might warm up your feet and your whole body.

You can make do with a plastic bucket to try it out to see if you like it.

invalid unparseable

Bad advice! If the person has a severe circulatory problem in his feet, he likely has nerve damage in the feet as well because nerves need the oxygen and nutrition supplied by the circulatory system just as much as the skin, bones, etc. In the absence of normal circulation and/or nerve function, hot water can cause serious burns because the individual may not experience the warning signal (pain) that would cause healthy people to take their foot out of the hot water before serious damage happens. Same can happen from any source of heat, such as an electric heating pad, an old fashioned hot water bottle, etc. Diabetes commonly produces damage to the circulatory system. That can cause damage to eyesight, the kidneys, and other organs and tissues as well. The correct advice is to find a physician who is experienced and competent to treat patients with diabetes. That includes the ability to recognize, diagnose, and treat diabetic complications and not just regulate blood sugar levels.

Reply to
Retirednoguilt

I'm using Google Groups for now. This appears at the top of my page. "Effective February 22, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will still be supported as it is done today."

Reply to
Dean

The OP did not mention neuropathy in his feet. He has functioning nerves in his extremities and that's why he has cold feet and cold hands. Common sense would say drink warm water instead of cold tap water, put on more clothes, and soak the feet in "warm" water. Previously I used the word "hot". What I meant is warmer than "warm". I love to soak my feet in hot water occasionally. I put my feet in warm water bath first, and then gradually I would add hot water to raise the temperature until both my feet become blushing red because of the blood circulating close to the surface of the skin.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

He might not know he has neuropathy. He has functioning nerves

You know what Benjamin Franklin said about common sense, he said, common sense is man's most uncommon commodity."

Reply to
Retirednoguilt