How to arrange used parts shipping Internationally

Time to take a vacation...I hear Rome is nice this time of year... :)

If you can't bribe your Italian compatriot w/ a little lucre or exchange barter to do the local PO thingie your options are, as others have said, going to be expensive. Only unless you happen to know or can find some other individual who's willing to do the legwork gratis.

The one thing I'd caution is that despite the size/weight, before you do anything like this just be sure it's not anything at all on the a restricted list for IP or the like on export/import lists. I once put a small part from my employer in US mail to Canada and when it arrived caused a near international incident it seemed owing to being so naive as to presume what is essentially a thermocouple-like device was innocuous-enough to not need any special treatment. And that was almost

40 yr ago; I'd probably be on the waiting list for Club Gitmo now with the rampant paranoia.
Reply to
dpb

Big problem. You won't find any commercial service to do that at reasonable price. Unless you have other contacts there you are stuck. Two suggestions:

  1. If he has a neighbor id willing to do it for a price

  1. Pick it up yourself. Spend a couple of weeks and enjoy Italy. Rent a villa before the prices go up for the summer. This is a nice time to be there. If not now, wait until the rates go down in October, another good time to be there. You can get really nice digs for about 0 a week.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski