Canada Post shipping experience.

Your parcel is at the post office. Drive 6 miles. Look for parking. Find a meter one block away. Wait in line 15 minutes. Parcel is huge. Does the post office have a dolly you can borrow. You must be joking. Tell them you will be right back. Go get truck park illegally right out front of post office. Go into post office get sent to the back of the line. Wait 10 minutes. Carry parcel out to truck. Discover illegal parking ticket on window. Stop ordering from company. Not Lee Valley that time but it could have been.

This is nothing try picking up a parcel in December. You can wait 40 minutes.

Reply to
jimmy

So by not ordering from that company again will that solve the problems you had with the post office for future deliveries?

Reply to
Leon

Yes. I switched to BossTools

who carry the same stuff as the other company and deliver to my door...cheaper as well. I quit Futureshop who used to deliver to my door, and now use Staples and Office Depot who deliver right to my door...Free. I use City Chef who delivers FREE right to my door. Even Sears now delivers right to my door.

I avoid any company who uses Canada Post.

Reply to
jimmy

If you're going to complain about your own decision, then don't be so cheap next time and pay for delivery to your house.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Canada Post delivers right to my door. I always request Canada Post if shipping is from the US (via USPS obviously) or if it is not free. Canada Post is cheaper and doesn't charge outrageous customs brokerage fees like the parcel delivery companies.

The problem you have is not the companies you deal with - it's your relationship with Canada Post. Maybe you should find out why you seem to be one of the only people who doesn't get a parcel delivered to your door.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

Do you and Upscale share a brain?

Reply to
jimmy

BTW dumbASS Futureshop never even informed customers of the delivery change. One day instead of the usual home delivery I had from them for two years I found my parcels going to the Post Office. Not only that you weren't even required to sign for them. So if your card informing you of the parcel goes into someone else's box (happens at least twice a year) and the clerk hands them an UNWRAPPED DVD player what do you think that person might do?

BTW there is NO WAY to get a parcel from Futureshop delivered to your home either. Like Lee Valley they will only ship via Canada Post. I offered to pay the difference. They said no.

Reply to
jimmy

Along with the other TWENTY THOUSAND people within 60 miles of me. None of us get home delivery and that includes parcels shipped by Canada Post. .

Reply to
jimmy

Where does your mail go?

Reply to
jimmy

Is Canada Post the national mail delivery? All the others that deliver to your door, is it their trucks delivering vs. a common carrier? If so I wish we down here still had that kind of service.

Reply to
Leon

That sounds like how the PS in the US is going. I still have mail delivered to my box at the street in front of my house. Older neighbor hoods have mail delivered literally to the front door. New neighborhoods have to collect mail at the end of the street in a central collection of mail boxes. I suspect large packages that do not fit the box have to be picked up at the PO.

Reply to
Leon

That the case here Leon as well. And if it's a downtown postal Station it can be horrible getting in and out in less than an hour. Then carrying the parcel a block or two. I'm willing to pay the difference between Canada Post and UPS or Purilator for home delivery but the option is not available through ANY online company I've used. It's Canada Post or nothing.

Reply to
jimmy

Yes, that's "Canada Post". They do have their own delivery trucks. They deliver right to the door if you also get mail delivery right to your door, but many new suburbs ("new" being

Reply to
D Smith

corner,

So... this is the way it is and the way it has been for quite a while in Canada. That just makes the OP's original post (whine) all the more ludicrous. He comes to a woodworking newsgroup and pitches a big bitch about the way deliveries are in Canada. The OP needs to get used to life where he lives or move.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I live in a town of 2500 people. I see a Puralator Van on my street almost every day. Tons of people here use them. We are 50 miles from a hardware store. I even have nails delivered for my nail guns. It would take me two hours and fifteen bucks in gas to go get them. Courier cost me 12 bucks. Even Sears has started using them here for home delivery. I think Lee Valley could get a good deal from them.

Reply to
jimmy

Listen moron, EVERYTHING I order now is delivered to my door by courier. From Mark's Work Warehouse, to Staples, Office Depot, City Chef, Boss tools, and several others. Most are FREE delivery for large enough orders as well.

Reply to
jimmy

Moron? You come to a woodworking newsgroup and piss your pants because you have to drive six miles, suffer a parking ticket for parking illegally, and carry a package out to your car - all of which has absolutely nothing to do with woodworking, and you call me a moron? Maybe you should have taken your little hissy fit to alt.PMS.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Yes. Anyone who replies to a thread about a subject he has no interest in just to BITCH and Whine about it is a MORON.

Reply to
jimmy

I'll give you this - you're amusing. Not too freakin' bright, but you are amusing.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Do you have UPS or FedEx up North??

Reply to