big mistake I made at Lee Valley

Sorry to hear that Angelo - can we send you a gardening catalog to make up for it???

Devoiusly yours -

Rob Lee Lee Valley

Reply to
Robin Lee

Your troubles are just starting. Wait 'til she sees the Gardening catalog and all the kitchen stuff tucked away in the general catalog. (the jar opener is a real good idea)

I'd advise you to see the payroll department at work and arrange for direct deposit right to the Lee Valley account. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I heard that snicker, Robin.

Reply to
Upscale

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:dYIEb.13$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny01.gnilink.net:

Geez, you guys aren't kidding. Half of *SWMBO's* Christmas is en route from LV, as I type.

Glad to hear the jar opener's good -- it's part of the shipment. If she ever finds out about the spider/fly trap, I'm history.

Regards, JT

Reply to
John Thomas

... and thanks for correcting the typo in "deviously"....THAT's class!

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

I certainly hope you don't have the same problem as I do. I work less than 5 minutes away from the Lee Valley store in Ottawa (the original store). Makes it far to easy to pop over at lunch, and spend my paycheck.

Also, since their store, and the Veritas buildings, are right on the main highway going through the city, it is tough to go anywhere without being drawn in. They don't even have the decency to put their signs on the back of the buildings. Oh no, they're right there, lit up so you can't miss them from the highway. My truck just naturally heads for that Pinecrest exit every time.

When my family asks me for my Christmas list, I just hand them the LV catalogue, and tell them I've crossed out everything I already have ;)

...Mike

Reply to
Mike Alexander

Ayup, that's pretty much what I did this year.

However, for a Canadian company whose family roots are here in Saskatchewan they're behaving incredibly irresponsibly. Not a single store in the province.

Hrmph.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Hey, that's a good plan. :)

Reply to
Silvan

You know, if we did that to a POW, we'd be accused of violating the Geneva Convention. :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I love ya man!!!

Too funny....

Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes
Reply to
Angelo Castellano pos
Reply to
Angelo Castellano pos

Biggets mistake I ever made with Lee Valley was my first order by phone (just inquiring). Then they sent me a cataloge and that was

-----. Man, worse than drugs or whatever you can get hooked >

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

Angelo Castellano asks:

Sure. Tons of it. Check out the Lee Valley site, click the tab right next to Woodworking. Check out, just for giggles, Hoes. They have more types of hoes than most hoe factories. There's even a Polish hoe...and that's no joke.

Charlie Self

Charlie Self

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:08:28 -0500, "Angelo Castellano posting" scribbled

Nah, lots of expensive zappe, but they don't have the pointy Italian model. They do have a nice machine for your pommarola. Those Anglos haven't got a clue about garden decoration. Not a single concrete fountain, or lion of San Marco, or statue of the Madonna, not the even molds to make them. ;-)

Luigi Zanasi

Yeah, but do they have any left-handed shovels?

Reply to
Silvan

Silvan asks:

Being right handed, I never check sinister stuff.

Charlie Self

Charlie Self