How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?

How do you remove the blue stain on new whitewalls?

It has been three weeks and the sidewalls are still blue. I scrubbed today with a sponge and they're still blue.

Is there a special cleaning solvent for that blue stain? What's it there for anyway?

Reply to
RonTheGuy

"However, for those excited to get the pop white accent tires are known for, a quick cleaning with a soft bristled brush, some mild dish soap, hot water and some elbow grease will reveal the bright white rubber beneath"

More info re why from  TireRack at

Anonymous

I always used and S O S pad. They still make whitewalls?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

So what vehicle do you have these whitewalls on?

"I am no more humble than my talents require." Oscar Levant (1906 - 1972)

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

buy a bottle of whitewall cleaner and a bristle brush and use a little elbow grease.

Reply to
fos

Warm water and a bit of soap removes the protectont layer very easily in most cases. It is a soap based coating. (sometimes wax - in which case a bit of Varsol or other solvent does the job)

Unless you got :blue-dtripe" tires - in which case they are meant to stay blue - not very common. (BF Goopdrich Bias Ply Blue-lines from the 60s come to mind)

Reply to
Clare Snyder