How do I remove this faucet?

Can anyone tell me how to get this faucet off my basin?

This is the top of the sink

This is the underside

I tried turning the screwlike thing with a screwdriver, but that got me no where. Am I supposed to rotate the 1/2 moon somehow or is there another trick, like taking a part off the top of the faucet first?

Thanks much

Reply to
horseyride

That screw with the slot you have been trying to turn is a bolt. You will see there is a six-sided nut attached to it. This is what holds the faucer on and what you have to turn.

Reply to
Lawrence

With a flat blade screwdriver keeping the threaded part from turning, unscrew the hex nut. When the half moon part comes free, lift out the faucet (provided you've disconnected the hoses).

Reply to
Grandpa

That second photo makes me so glad I don't have a center hole style faucet in my bathroom or kitchen - trying to cram all those hoses into that thing and then trying to fix it if one of them leaks - no thanks.

Reply to
Eigenvector

This type of tap is quite common and is undone just as someone else earlier said, as far as cramed never had any promblem with them have installed many of them

Reply to
jim