How do I remove a stuck whirlpool cap from the agitator?

The whirlpool fabric softener cap is supposed to just pop off, but this cap is stuck on like glue. I tried cold water, hot water, vinegar, prying it off with a screwdriver and butter knife. What else can I try? I'm willi ng to break it off, but I don't want to break the agitator. Any suggestio ns????
Omg. Did you try to screw it off?

"It's an easy job":
http://www.partselect.com/PS381197-Whirlpool-63580-Fabric-Softener-Dispenser.htm
On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 14:29:39 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Take a hose clamp and clamp 2 pull straps (large ty wraps work ok) to the dispenser and pull upward with impact to assist it breaking loose.
--
Mr.E