How do I remove a stuck whirlpool cap from the agitator?

The whirlpool fabric softener cap is supposed to just pop off, but this cap is stuck on like glue. I tried cold water, hot water, vinegar, prying it off with a screwdriver and butter knife. What else can I try? I'm willi ng to break it off, but I don't want to break the agitator. Any suggestio ns????

Reply to
westhavenhouse

Omg. Did you try to screw it off?

Reply to
Thomas

"It's an easy job":

Frank

Take a hose clamp and clamp 2 pull straps (large ty wraps work ok) to the dispenser and pull upward with impact to assist it breaking loose.

Reply to
Mr.E