On Topic: How do I remove iron stains from a toilet?

Hi All,

Anyone have a non-toxic way to remove iron stains from a toilet bowl?

I have heard of plumbers tape, but am afraid I'd ruin the toilet.

Many thanks,

-T

Iron Out.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

  • 1 And give it lots of time to do its thing - ie : hours not minutes. .... toxicity .. ? Dunno but I wouldn't let Fido drink from the toilet .. John T.
Reply to
hubops

The powder form contains oxylic acid but liquid contains other agents. They solubilize the minerals. Dog would not like the odor but micky might.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Tried it. The iron cooled off too fast in the water. Should I use a higher setting?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thank you!

Just saw they use this on water softeners. So probably not to toxic at all.

I though you only ironed in the bath tub.