hot tub blows plug

I have a problem with my hot tub. We cleaned and emptied the tub, when we filled it again the pump would work but when we tried turn off the pump the outlet would blow and we can not turn the outlet back on unless the pump has the switch turned on. As soon as we turn off the pump the outlet blows again. Any Ideas? Thanks Stacey

Reply to
stacey burke

Turn your heater off and try it. If it blows only when the heater is on, then we know the heater has a short and needs to be replaced.

Hot Tub Man RA

Reply to
news.charter.net

To add to that good advice. I might suggest that if the GFI is going, it may be a leak to ground from the heater, maybe something got wet that should not, if not GFI then the breaker may be getting weak. However I am going to guess that HTM is right.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan