Honda V/S Toro Mower

I have a 12 yr old Toro 21 in. rear bager,self propelled that's in decent shape, my mom is moving into a condo no maintance and she has offered to give me the 21 in. Honda rear bager shaft drive, 19 yrs old, I am leaning towards the Honda.They both need new rubber wheels, both units use any oil.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

ok , use oil

Reply to
m Ransley

Both units do not use any oil,between changes, two times a yr.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

The only way to get a basic idea is do a compression test to see what life is left and see how they handle heavy loads

Reply to
m Ransley

"twfsa" wrote on 20 Mar 2005:

I have a Toro that was my father's and is at least 25 years old. The engine is fine, but it's limping along in terms of the self- propelling system. The electric starter is long gone, so I pull it with a rope. I use the Toro occasionally. I also have a three year old Honda which I use most of the time.

Both are good mowers. It really comes down to the "feel" of each of them. The Honda really does start on the first pull, but so does the Toro most of the time. Try alternating between them for a few weeks and see which one you're most comfortable with.

Reply to
Doug Boulter