craftsman self propelled mower 917.377361

I have a craftsman self propelled mower that worked fine until the batter went dead and would no longer hold a charge. I replaced the battery but when I engage the gears the front wheels wont turn, even if I try to push the mower. Its like trying to push a bike while pressing the break at the same time. Never had this problem before replacing the battery. It also is a key start mower, I turned the key to try and start it and it sounds like trying to start a car with a bad starter. However, I can still pull the string and it starts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bernard

Reply to
coop