Honda HRB216HXA Clutch cable replace

I am attempting to replace the drive clutch cable on my HRB216HXA which broke. Mower is 8 or 9 years old and never had to be repaired for anything. From what I can see, I have to remove a piece of the decking underneath the mower to get to the cable. When I try to remove the bolt that holds it on, it just spins. Now this is a stupid question I know, but is there a regular nut on the backside of the bolt?? Or some special type of nut?? I can't get a wrench on anything. When I use a small mirror to look behind there it's hard to tell. Wondering if the nut just rusted away to almost nothing, or if a special tool is required to remove this thing?? Anyone know?? Thanks

Reply to
Slowpoke

Wouldn't be a special tool. The nut may have rusted away due to moisture and lawn fertilizer. You may have to chisel the head of the bolt off if you can't get anything on the other end. Not knowing how far in the nut is I can't suggest much more. If it is a nut that has rusted your chances aren't good that you'll get it off anyway. Maybe soak it with some PB Blaster and grab it with long nosed Vice Grip?

Reply to
Meat Plow

The bolt head is up in a hole, and can't get to the nut to chisel it off. Have to get a mirror to even see it, or what's left of it. I have sprayed it with WD40. Will probably have to get a pair of right angle needle nose pliers to be able to get in there to try to hold it. It's up over and behind a lip. Yeah, I'm not worried about saving the nut and bolt. Just trying to figure some way of getting it off. Thanks for replying.

Reply to
Slowpoke