Honda Generators

Like Florida. We did fine after the two years of hurricane activity in this area, until FEBLA showed up. Their contractor destroyed our private road with a front end loader. Instead of cutting up and loading the fallen trees, they simply put the bucket down on them and dragged them down the street, and tore out most of the asphalt. We had already cut up the trees onto pieces that would fit a dump truck, but the SOBs were too lazy to do their job properly. They did it right on the public roads, but not in our subdivision.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What software are you reading the group with? Netscape 4.8 threads by message IDs, not subject lines.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Does this relate to Honda generators?

.

Like Florida. We did fine after the two years of hurricane activity in this area, until FEBLA showed up. Their contractor destroyed our private road with a front end loader. Instead of cutting up and loading the fallen trees, they simply put the bucket down on them and dragged them down the street, and tore out most of the asphalt. We had already cut up the trees onto pieces that would fit a dump truck, but the SOBs were too lazy to do their job properly. They did it right on the public roads, but not in our subdivision.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Do you?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yep, you can et they will take this opportunity to improve the wiring in your pile and those dodgy cheap DIY repairs will be heavily scruitinized.

Reply to
terryc

Forte Agent 3.3. It works just fine unless our beloved troll goes out of his way to cause chaos.

Sometimes Stormin' just changes the subject line. That breaks a thread but the "Reference: " information is still in the headers so you can trace back for the context without much effort.

Lately, Stormin' likes to cut someone's post and paste it into a new thread, and then put in his comment, on top. That removes the ref info from the headers since, to usenet, it IS a new thread.

Now you may ask "why". I won't try to explain what goes on in his mind. It's part and parcel of what lead him to post a couple snippy replies in this thread when someone dared to say anything that didn't have to do, specifically, with Honda brand generators. I bet he won't let the foods on his plate touch, either.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

"Jim Wilkins" on Sat, 4 Aug 2012 13:22:55 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

We had a sudden storm blow through the Cascade foothills last month /end of June. Knocked a lot of trees down. News footage interviewing a guy right in the middle. "Yep, I work here, and the power went out, and I could see the tree" [cut to 18-24 inch moderate sized tree trunk where it was cut off at the road's edge] "so I got out the chain saw, and me and a couple other guys had the road open in about a half hour or so." Yep, good ol' boys -not so much that they're ready for anything, as they haven't gotten everything out of the truck, yet.

tschus pyotr

== pyotr filipivich "Have the Anarchists ever stopped to consider that if they bring down the American Government, there will be no one to protect them from the rednecks?"

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

First things first. The tree was in the way, and they did have a chainsaw. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Douglas Bader, DB, DogsBody. Easy to say, easy to hear, easy to associate. Not a bad handle.

Reply to
David J. Hughes

No, I'm a Young, not a Honda.

Christ>

Do you?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have a lot of respect for self motivated folks, with Honda Generators.

.

We had a sudden storm blow through the Cascade foothills last month /end of June. Knocked a lot of trees down. News footage interviewing a guy right in the middle. "Yep, I work here, and the power went out, and I could see the tree" [cut to 18-24 inch moderate sized tree trunk where it was cut off at the road's edge] "so I got out the chain saw, and me and a couple other guys had the road open in about a half hour or so." Yep, good ol' boys -not so much that they're ready for anything, as they haven't gotten everything out of the truck, yet.

tschus pyotr

== pyotr filipivich "Have the Anarchists ever stopped to consider that if they bring down the American Government, there will be no one to protect them from the rednecks?"

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A similar thing happened on my road. By the time I went to work, the tree was neatly cut up and loaded into the back of someone's pickup. Waste not, want not. Almost everyone around here except me has a chain saw; I'm old fashioned and carry an axe in the car. I'll admit if there were several trees across the road I'd truly regret not having a Stihl instead.

Reply to
rbowman

Free firewood, already down, and you don't have to drive up into the woods to find it. Good way to start the day.

Reply to
rbowman