Home insurance rates increasing

Chuck wrote in news:kgnk03$3ba$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

At least you don't have a state income tax.

Reply to
frag

A large increase in property damage due to tornados ,major storms, and wild fires. All insurance companies are getting hit hard for the damage claims nation wide and are raising rates on everyone whether your neighborhood got hit or not. Car damage & payout for them in these incidents is just as bad as the houses & businesses.

Reply to
Red

I am surprised State Farm held on to you that long. They dumped most of Coastal Florida customers a decade ago, along with the rest of the big companies. Allstate rolled me into Royal Palm which became Tower Hill. Far worse is being in the Citizens (government insurance) risk pool.

I dropped wind and flood and I am about in line with the OP. ($1500)

Reply to
gfretwell

178 million will lose their jobs because of the sequester.
Reply to
krw

Florida, home of the hurricane and no I don't think it is getting worse. Neither does the National Hurricane Center.

The targets are just getting more expensive. People used to build beach shacks because they knew they would be toast in a strorm.In the

50ws and 60s they started building real houses on the sand (unfortunately using the same building methods they used inland) and they still get blown away. It is just a lot more expensive to pay for them. New building codes are starting to address that but old houses were built to old codes and the north may never actually adopt southern building codes, particularly the Florida coastal code (150-180 MPH wind ratings)

The Sandy storm was unusual but only in the path it took, the same was true of Katrina. Both were relatively minor strength storms. It was the path and the lack of properly built structures that caused the problem. That is simply god/nature throwing dice. Tropical weather systems have nothing to do with the jet stream but the state if the jet stream has everything to do with where a tropical system goes as it moves north. Sandy is the perfect example of that. Most of the time, that storm would have kept going north east and been a fish storm. Unfortunately there was a dip in the jet stream, again not unusual, that happened at the same time. It hooked the storm back into New Jersey.

Reply to
gfretwell

If those 178 million people are only making $558.58 a year, they should be happy to get away from that job (based 7 months, the length of time the $58b is supposed to cover)

Reply to
gfretwell

So what's your reason for it (and polar ice caps disappearing)?

Reply to
harry

Only shitfer brains FoxNews watchers deny global warming is happening.

Reply to
harry

There is a question of whether or not there are actually 178 million total people in the work force in the U.S.? O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I was wondering which one of you door knobs was going to ask that question.

Your labor-force participation rate is at historic low levels right now

- and half of you are collecting SS disability payments, or food stamps, or Obama Phones, or Medicaid, or some other entitlement payment.

Reply to
Home Guy

Only someone with some sense of science and distrust of politicians. That leaves you out, obviously.

Reply to
krw

Lefties always lie. But you knew that, too, Lefty.

Reply to
krw

You really are an idiot, HomoHGay.

Reply to
krw

No, dummy, the reason "worsening weather" is liars, like you. But you knew that, too.

Reply to
krw

That too.

Reply to
NotMe

They're not *all* from Kalifornica. We've got the Guam tipper, here. It is worth some comic relief.

Reply to
krw

I've been with Safeco for a few years now. No problems.

Reply to
gonjah

Typical Homo Gay snide remark, I don't collect any free money or stuff from the government even when it's been offered because I work for what I get. I've always wondered something about you Homo Gay, if you despise people from The United States so much, why are you in communication with us? Heck, you should only associate with your superior countrymen and avoid any contact with the unwashed masses South of you. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

It's even funnier after the initial shock wears off. People really are that stupid. We have a bunch of 'em here (harry, Dumbie,...).

Too funny. The guy was to kind, though. Stupid deserves special notice.

Reply to
krw

rote

You only know how good they are when you try to make a claim.

Reply to
harry