Home insurance rates increasing

I did. I have with State Farm too.

Reply to
gonjah

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 09:00:02 -0500, Home Guy wrote in Re Re: Home insurance rates increasing:

This is true. Soon it will be much more than half.

Reply to
Vinny From NYC

No YOU don't !!!

Reply to
Doug

Speaking of stupid... You just got your special notice, Dumbie.

Reply to
krw

# # So you don't think the weather is getting worse/more extreme? # Where have you been living?

Obviously NOT in your pinky fantasy world

Reply to
Attila Iskander

# #

# #Only shitfer brains FoxNews watchers deny global warming is happening.

YAWN ! The planet has bee warming quite steadily since the last Ice Age.. We're about due for a change in direction. Going by Solar Activity, that seem to be far more probable than a continuation of the warming since the last Ice Age. (Give or take a few millennia)..

Oh wait. YOU are one of those idiots that imagine that ANY change in short term climate Is a doomsday scenario where Earth will turn into Venus..

DOH !

Reply to
Attila Iskander

Stop the presses! Get your expert opinion on climate change here folks.

Reply to
gonjah

# # So what's your reason for it (and polar ice caps disappearing)?

#

What polar ice caps disappeared ? Antarctic ice has extended between 200 and 300 km from it's usual position in the Weddell Seal. And' I'm not particularly worried about Greenland ice, since it was called Greenland for a reason a few centuries ago. (And it was NOT caused by criminal dumping of green food dye, either,)

Reply to
Attila Iskander

What is the value of your cars On 10+ year cars, it's usually a waste of money to have collision. You can put that money in the bank for your next car.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

LOL. Harry is getting an "education" on climate change.

Listen up harry. These guys really know what they are talking about.

Reply to
gonjah

Not possible. That would assume he's educable, which is clearly false.

Reply to
krw

That's true long before 10 years, though things are changing, given the prices of new cars and the sinking economy. Used cars are becoming more valuable.

However, the point of any insurance is to cover what you can't afford to lose. The car's age, or worth, isn't a direct factor (only to the extend of whether you can afford...). Only a fool insures what he can comfortably afford to lose (and that *may* be a 10-YO car).

Reply to
krw

My view is that it would be cheaper and easier to deal with the consequences of global warming that to try to mitigate its effects.

For example, building dikes around coastal cities to accommodate ocean level rise would cost only a few trillion; eliminating internal combustion engines would cause an horrendous spike in horse prices (and what would we do with all the horse shit? Eh? Eh?).

Reply to
HeyBub

And how would the Europeans be able to afford their hamburgers if the price of horse meat went up???

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Did you not read what I wrote?

Look at the fraction of my insurance premiums that actually cover damage or loss of the vehicles, vs what I'm paying for bodily injury / accident benefits.

I'm paying pretty close to the minimum to actually cover loss/damage to the car, and I think I have the highest deductible available.

Reply to
Up here in Canada

Yes, HomoGay, as painful as that was. Obviously you can't think.

Proof positive.

Yes, HomoGay, I believe you're that stupid. No need to shout it from the rooftops.

Reply to
krw