Home Inspectors' Nightmares - A few More

By far the best one IMO is the shower with the dual outside flood lights with motion sensor!

Reply to
trader4

By far the best one IMO is the shower with the dual outside flood lights with motion sensor!

*Maybe they had a problem with intruders coming in through the shower head. LOL
Reply to
John Grabowski

Hey it's a wet location luminaire, where is the violation?

Reply to
gfretwell

Tiny URL, no charge.

Stormin Mormon

What -- all looked fine to me! Well, except #13. lol

Twayne

Reply to
Twayne

Want to see some shoddy work? Come to lancaster, pa

--------

I live in Lancaster, Pa and here they just dont care...permits naaaah

license not required nor enforced for some it seems

Only for city jobs and those unfortunate enough to be "targeted" by the city

My neighbor has had an entire house remodeled and rewired ---no junction boxes---old knob and tube taped in free air to romex poorly attached, etc No metal boxes nor polarity checked or kept intact--INCREDIBLE!

Wrong size wiring (14 with 20 amp breakers and loads) Shoddy work Wires sticking aimlessly out of load center!

No one cares here as she (neighbor) at 311 w lemon st. hired some guy she met at her bar she tends to do all work for cheap or free as he needed a room to stay at

Thus, he can call himself a resident and hence does not even need to pull a permit or the city at least doesnt care. He said he knows or is related to the city/county sheriff so they let him be

The other year he was there and I smelled smoke when he was doing work.

This year he is rewiring the place with nary a clue--ohhhh boy!

but nothing I can do but hope and pray my house doesnt go up as well in case of a fire since we are attached properties!

City doesnt care--no permits pulled--no inspections done

EVER! PS: you should see how he 'repaired' a roof support that had rotted out on the one side--simply butted a piece on to where the bad section was and toe nailed it in---only thing holding up the roof section is the deck itself.....quite a pro He DOES know how to drink and hoop it up at night though :) =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

There is a reason for laws in most cities concerning permits and inspections and such! It saves lives and they know work is properly performed safely! Not saying homeowners can't do it but my neighbor just wants things done as cheaply as possible to sell the place

Who cares if work is done properly or not--she doesnt live there anymore so she certainly doesnt care!

Feeling unsafe in Lancaster, PA

Rick next door to fire hazard

Reply to
Jose

clipped

Building inspectors probably have some sort of license...in Florida, you can file a complaint about any licensed person. The case you cite is certainly good cause. The person who did it is just a fool, but the next owner might be victim of the mess. Better yet, a letter to the AG would be in order.

Reply to
norminn