home generator noise and neighbors

Yep. Anything goes.

Reply to
Bob F

It was just last week, I believe, that a guy in Florida shot and killed his neighbor - the issue was grass grown too high. Last time our power was out, for three days, was relatively stressful only due to the power outage. Add in something really serious, like a home destroyed, and tempers won't be what they are on a good day.

About a week ago in my condo, I heard a man yelling in the atrium. I muted the TV to listen, but the noise stopped. Turned out the lights to tiptoe to the window and take a look...a guy on the front walk was standing there waving his arms at me. He turned and went back toward the atrium, so I went to the door to see what was wrong. He made a sarcastic comment about a vehicle blocking a parking space and there not being enough parking. I asked which vehicle was a problem and he told me the one on the end (MINE). So I went out and moved it........must have had my brain somewhere else when I parked. It had been just over the line, not a reserved spot, and the place he parked had two empty spots right next to it.

Then, the night of Super Bowl, another neighbor had a party ..... five guys, very drunk. One left the party before the others and heaved a concrete doughnut from the sprinkler through his pal's kitchen window. The owner was drunk AND pissed, the the remaining crew discussed the problem for about an hour. Cop came. Good for the drunks it was a patient old cop, because nobody wan't to give the cop ID information on the perp. Owner decided not to sign a complaint, cop left. The remaining drunks discussed the problem for another 1/2 hour......owner yelling about beer spilled on his rug, his sofa. His daughter is a decorator who furnished his place very nicely. Couldn't have happened to a better person :o) This is an expensive, low-class neighborhood . If you have money, give it away and don't leave your kids a trust fund :o)

My point is, it wouldn't surprise me to hear that someone gets shot for running a generator too late or too long. I had a brief stand-off once over a parking space at the grocery store before a blizzard. I wasn't going to back up, but I don't carry a gun :o) Had to get bread and milk and get ready for three days with no travel.

Reply to
Norminn