Home depot credit card

I got a letter from HD that wanrs to give me a special credit card. They want to charge 29.99 % interest.

People have to be crazy to get a card like that.

I thought it may have been like Lowes that give a 5 % off items you buy when I first saw the letter.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

While HD doesn't give an automatic 5% off on use, it does send out promotions every couple of months that yes, say if you use the card in the next 30 days you'll have a choice of a (last one was...) twn pct off _or_ two years w/o interest.

So if you're careful and pay each month off in full, you can get the discount.

Reply to
danny burstein

Don't do it. I've known you online for years and I trust you, and I'll lend you money for 25% interest

But it's special.

Alas.

Reply to
micky

It's a little high. The average today is 24.45%.

Anybody would have to be crazy to pay credit card interest.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

That's hardly unusual.

excellent credit: 17.90% good credit: 23.99% fair credit: 26.30% Store cards: 30.45%

Better to pay cash, write a check, or ensure that you pay off the credit card completely each billing period.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

I did not know the rates had gone up over 24 %. I use a credit card for almost everything I buy as I get from 1 to 5 % back depending on the card. Have to use a debit card for $ 500 every month to get a percentage back on my checking account. Easy to do with the grocery store bill.

Now the treasure bills are over 5 % for 3 month bills I have put much of the money market money in that.

I always pay off the credit cards every month. Usually with a bank transfer.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I had no idea credit card interest ran this high until reading this thread. I have not paid interest on anything since paying off our mortgage over 30 years ago. I use one credit card for most purchases and pay it off at the end of the month. I see the average person has nearly $8,000 credit card balance.

This happened here over 40 years ago:"Gov. Pierre S. du Pont Wednesday signed a bill lifting interest ceilings and giving tax breaks to banking operations, a move he said could make Delaware a new national banking center."

It happened and all the big banks moved in.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Joe wasn't known as the Senator from MBNA for nothing.

Those kids burdened with college loans that they may never be able to pay off should say "Thank you, Joe". Typical government job security: create the problem then 'fix' the problem creating a slew of new problems to be fixed. It's as if the county road crew spent 50% of their time digging potholes.

Reply to
rbowman

After serving as governor, Pete DuPont became DE US rep. I met him and his wife and had heard talk of Pete running for the senate against Biden. I told his wife I would like to see him run and she told me she wanted him to do it but he didn't. Too bad as Pete was very popular. Had he run and beat Biden it would be a different world today.

Reply to
invalid unparseable