Hi, need help with cleaning coffee (with cream & sugar) stain from carpet

Hi,

I sound so silly, just asking this question! :)

I read some where that cleaning stains of coffee that has no milk and sugar in it is different from cleaning stains of coffee that has milk and sugar in it!

I spilled coffee on my carpet yesterday, there are 4 spots, each about

3 or 4" in diameter. It's very light colored carpet. I also made the mistake of rubbing with wet paper towels, instead of just blotting (know this after the fact, b'coz of googliing). Anyway, I also tried mixing dish washing detergent in water and rubbing it into the stains. That didn't do anything.

Anyone has any idea on what I can do to get these stains off the carpet now? oxyclean + water? or vinegar + water or spotshot chemical solutions?

I am not sure if I can try different things, I am afraid of spoiling the carpet.

Appreciate any input. Thanks a lot!

Try this link. It is worth saving as a bookmark/favorite.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

spill som coffee on the carpet in a closet where it won't show. Then try different things/experiment on that spot. If you ruin the carpet in the closet, it won't be a big deal. Then when you find out what works, you can use it on the exposed spots. BTW, this is alt.HVAC, not alt.carpet cleaming. How did you post here?

Stretch

Reply to
stretch

Oops! I forgot where I was! I must be having a senior moment! please forgive my last comment.

Stretch

Reply to
stretch