Here's something we all can do against the virus with little effort or cost.

I got curious last week and hung a GPS on my belt. I cover 1.5 miles pushing the damn mower around the plantation.

Reply to
rbowman

That is a little north of me. I haven't had the heat strips on in the air handler since it was installed in 2011.

Reply to
gfretwell

I do my yard, the HOA lot next door and 400 feet of the FPL right of way. I can use my lawn tractor here but the FPL is all push and pull on a walk behind.

Reply to
gfretwell

Hi Micky,

I supplement with D3. But never noticed a difference.

On one of my Keto friends told me to switch to Lichen based D3. now that made a big difference. Feel stronger and my head is clearer. And at 4900 feet elevation, I can only be out in the sun for 15 minutes before gettig a radiation (sun) burn.

-T

Here is a ton of research on vitamin D:

This one is specific to viruses:

I've never estimated the distance traveled - but, for several years now - me and my push mower both run-out-of-gas at about the same time ! :-) ... the distance would not relate well with the hours - it's a lot of trimming around things before getting on the WheelHorse. John T.

Reply to
hubops

I only use the push mower where I can't get with the tractor and that is not a lot of straight line walking. It seems to be as much pull as push.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yeah, that is when we get snowbirds. I would rather have hurricanes.

Reply to
gfretwell

Okay, I'll play along with your trolling:

Among other things it measures the distance covered.

Reply to
rbowman

I have a Fortrex that does all of that. We use it when we are hiking to keep track of how far we have walked. These are usually trails where getting lost is a pretty remote chance. We did get turned around in Katchemak park in Alaska and that is a park you can't drive to (boat in only). The chance of seeing a bear is a lot more than seeing another person. Bad news, my old Cobra GPS couldn't see 3 satellites. I went for the Garmin after that.

Reply to
gfretwell

"Foretrex 701 adds Applied Ballistics Elite™ software that calculates aiming solutions for long-range shooting"

Oooh, oooh, I wants one... I've used Garmin products since a GPS II I bought in the '90s before Clinton ditched selective availability. It only registered to a tenth of a mile. When I got into geocaching I updated to an eTrex Legend and have gotten a few since then. The eTrex

20 I currently use is very geocaching friendly.

I would exactly call it lost but I was back in the Boston area for a seminar and decided to do a couple of caches in one of the town woods in the morning before my flight out. It was an overcast day with no sun visible. The woods were nondescript hardwoods with many twisty little trails. I found a couple of caches then the GPS crapped out entirely under the leafy canopy. Fortunately I had a compass in my bag of tricks and headed due south hoping I could figure out where the rental was. It would have been embarrassing to miss the flight and have to admit I got lost in about a 30 acre wood lot.

After getting a GPS I learned many new things. I'd navigated with large scale FS maps and, while not lost, I was never sure exactly where I was. I'd see designations like 'Cedar Peak' and assume it was the highest thing in the area. Many times it wasn't and it would be some little bump that somebody had named once upon a time for reasons unknown.

Reply to
rbowman

I got lost one night in the woods at the NYC reservoir near Kingston around 1980. It was about 3AM and I thought sitting by the lake on a full moon and burning one would be cool but the trail petered out and it took me a while finding my way back to the hole in the fence. Fortunately Polaris doesn't move and I knew the basic direction to walk. I found the trail when I got closer to the fence. It was pretty much a funnel of smaller paths, getting more defined the closer you got to the hole.

Reply to
gfretwell