Bait ?

Anyone know what the rectangular shape on the tree is?

I was thinking maybe bait?

Some neighbors have had rat sightings.

Thanks

Reply to
AK

... bushy-tailed tree rats prefer nuts .. more than suet. :-) John T.

Reply to
hubops

You're dead wrong on that one John . We've had to get creative to keep the squirrels from robbing both the suet feeders and the seed feeders . A slinky around the pole keeps them from climbing it , I've had to put a "roof" of aluminum flashing above the one outside the living room window to keep them from jumping on from the trees . Poor little buggers just slide right off !

Reply to
Snag

Our tree rats are pretty well fed with natural forage - and will certaiinly check-out and help-themselves to anything that we put out for the birds - suet too - but bird feed with peanuts seem to be the worst. I once worked at a place that sold squirrel-proof feeders - Ha ! Ha ! .. we had the feeders returned because the precious rodents had chewed right through the thick plastic walls ... The more-expensive ones are metal.

John T.

Reply to
hubops

A suet feeder for birds like woodpeckers and starlings.

I'm sure the rats will enjoy it too.

Our suet feeder is like this:

Except my husband made it himself. The starlings really have to work hard to use it.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...