Here's a good one...

Before I post this if there is anyone who has ever taken any of my advice, FORGET IT NOW!

You know how you're supposed to have a rag in the drain before installing a toilet to prevent gasses from coming up and you know how you're supposed to take that rag out before you install the toilet, Well what if you forget to take the rag out?????!!!!

I'm such an idiot! But I am looking for advise: Can I try and snake it out or is it better to take the toilet out and start over?

Reply to
edee em

take out the toilet take out the rag , you could have it get stuck anywhere before it hits the street, and back up making a mess, hows the pella problem going

Reply to
mark Ransley

It's better to take the toilet off. The snake will only cause it to shred and quite possibly do worse damage.

rik

Reply to
RikC

Start over. You can use the wax ring again as long as you didn't screw it up too bad taking the toilet back off. Don't try to snake shit. You've already got all your tools located and accounted for, might as well yank it back off of there and take out the rag. Dumbass! (Just kidding!) Shit happens. Or maybe not, in this case...

Reply to
candeh

You IDIOT! How could you let this happen? Can't you do ANYTHING right? You are totally incompetent and don't deserve to have your posts appear here with those of us who are clearly "mistake free" and superior to your dumb ass! Rip that toilet out, fish that rag out with your teeth and never, EVER admit to screwing up again. ;-)

Reply to
Craven Morehead

That is pretty good!!

How many flushes did it take to realize the rag was still there? You could have a pretty sh*tty mess to deal with but pull the crapper now before the rag goes downstream.

Reply to
davefr

Sounds like a great ad for Bounty paper towels. "The quicker picker upper!

Reply to
Mike