Hayward Pool Ultra Vac Question

I have one of these filter robots. So far, I really like it, but it is slowing down, stuttering, and sometimes stopping. It is about two years old. I disassembled it partially, and there are no obvious obstructions, and the vacuum gauge reads plenty of suction. No strings, rocks, or anything.

The feet seem to be wearing. Other than that, not much signs of obvious wear.

Anyone know of a website that has a guide to troubleshooting or an exploded diagram ?

Anyone have any experience with servicing these?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I have a Navigator and when it starts getting lazy I end up throwing parts at it. There are a number of things that wear. (based on model) Hayward has some things on their site but there are lots of resources on the net, google is your friend. Be sure to shop around for your parts. Prices seem to vary a lot. You may end up ordering from a couple sources if you are cheap and don't mind the hassle. I find places will have one kit cheap and make itr up on another one you will probably need.

Reply to
gfretwell

Reply to
tom

Here is a fantastic site that can help you.

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 364631 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
haasrw1031

:

Not sure where this discussion is at this point, but as I was quoted from a long ago quote, here's an update. I took it to the pool shop, and they did a complete rebuild. In doing so, the rebuild kit changes from bushings to ball bearings. Everything just about is replaced. The thing works just like new. Better than new, because the rebuild kit has higher grade materials than factory original.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB