Jandy vs Hayward - Premiere pools NY

I am shopping for an inground vinyl swimming pool (Long Island, NY).

I have visited one pool company so far. They have the options for Jandy or Hayward pool filters, pumps, heaters, and lights.

Is one better than the other?

In addition, the spa steps, and spillover spa is made by Triac Pool Products. Any comments on this brand?

Has anyone had any experience with Premier Pool and Spa in Port Jefferson, NY?

Thanks. LJ

Reply to
LJ

======================== I put my own vinyl lined (over concrete bottom) pool in more then 30 years ago... Put Hayward skimmers/.filters and pumps in....

I never did like the design of the skimmers but they work fairly well... the original pump lasted more then 10 years (and I run it 24/7 from May thru September) the second motor lasted at least 10 more years the current motor is still working... when it goes I'll toss in the second motor back in which I had rebuilt after it went south. The Filter itself is still original..

Never heard of Jandy... and I am NOT recommending Hayward.... Just telling you my experiences with their "stuff" .

Bob G. But 3 pumps over 30 years is not bad in my opinion..

Reply to
Bob G.

Thanks.

LJ