Hankook tires

A has-been rag on its way out and the chicken hawk that got us into Iraq?

Reply to
rbowman

I've had two Yaris hatchbacks that are sort of mini-pickups. Even back in the '80's I traded an '80 Camaro in for a '82 Firebird when the new design was a hatchback.

Hatchbacks have never done well in the US, particularly the 2 door models and I never could figure out why. You could get 4x8 sheets of plywood in the Firebird. What more could you want? When you were through hauling stuff, close the hatch and it was more stylish than the cowboy Cadillacs like the Ranchero.

Reply to
rbowman

When Hankooks first came to Canada their quality was VERY spotty. The set on my friends van could not be balanced - they had "too many corners on them" At that time they were significantly cheaper than regular brand names. Today they are more consistant quality-wize - and better - but also a lot closer in price to the "big" brands. For a low use, low demand vehicle they should be fine. Korean tend to be as good or better than Chinese - and a lot of "brand name" tires ate eithe Korean or Chinese manufactured today. For my truck I spend the extra for good Michelin summer and Nokian winters - on the car good UniRoyal summers andcheaper Chinese snow tires (car doesn't really go anywhere in the winter but makes some long high speed trips in the summer)

Reply to
clare

FWIW, They were OEM on my Explorer. Three years in and no problems. Still have pretty good tread depth.

Reply to
Kurt V. Ullman

President Trump knows how to get shit done. He started the ball rolling on his first day of work.

Now shut the f*ck up and get out of the way! ;-)

Grumpy Old White Guy

National Review has always been taken as gospel until oops, it says one back thing about Trump then all of a sudden a commie rag.

LOL

Anyway since it 95% praises Trump I'll take that as a has been rag.

Reply to
philo

I like my hatchback and it's a four door.

With the seats up just about the same as any other passenger car

Reply to
philo

Took it for a long ride today and all seemed just fine

Reply to
philo

AEI specialized in fake news before it was cool.

Reply to
rbowman

Maybe it's gospel in your church; not in mine. Buckley purged anyone that wasn't a good little Buckleyite and the trend continues today. I had no use for NR back when Trump was a reality TV star. I think. I never actually saw his show.

Trump's that is. I've seen Buckley's. Come to think of it maybe I had no use for him in 1968.

rbowman

I folded the rear seat down when I got home from the dealership. That was in 2011 and it hasn't seen the light of day since. I liked the 2007 Yaris better. It had a one piece rear seat back and folded down better. This one has some sort of two piece gimmick as I recall.

Reply to
rbowman

There's a chart there showing factory job losses. Most of the jobs

Ball State University is Perry's source:

Dean Hoffman

Tossed Eagles at 12k on my wife's Juke and put Hankooks on. No regrets. I will never buy GY again. At least not GY Eagles, they were garbage.

Reply to
Thomas

philo wrote on 1/28/2017 :

Ko tires like hankook get the job done to My satisfaction. I just wish Goodyear would make a reliable tire. I've had several blow out on the tread and the sidewall. They were Warranted, but going through the hassle of replacing bad new tires sucks. The racing tires from Goodyear are very good.

Reply to
Naturous

What I like about the Vibe is even the front passenger seat folds down. For a small car like that I seem to be able to haul just about anything.

No large items such as refrigerators of course but I stopped doing heavy lifting a long time ago.

I recently purchased a huge and heavy wooden office desk for $20. It was cheap because no one wanted to haul it. so I paid professionals $150. To me the desk was easily worth the $170

When I watched them lug it up the stairs and they did not so much as touch a wall with it, I knew my money was well spent. There could not been more than 1" clearance on either side.

Reply to
philo

Never had problems with GY but 12k is extremely poor

Reply to
philo

Guess they are not what they used to be.

Reply to
philo

I do not generally agree with the National Review but read it because I know it holds an extreme view. Same reason I read the Huffington post.

The Huffington post would never say anything good about a conservative thought, even if the idea was a good one.

The National Review was in many ways the same in that they only had praise for Trump during the election. Now that he is in office I find it significant that the NR is at least once a week publishing high criticism of Trump even if they are still mostly supportive.

IMHO: They seem to be a bit less biased than Huff

Reply to
philo

Yes, let's aspire to be more like North Korea, less like the civilized, developed western nations and see how well it works. Trump is headed in that direction.

Reply to
trader_4

Sarcasm escapes you and the Trumpets.

WTF has he done with manufacturing? Bully Carrier into temporarily saving 700 jobs? That's about it. And the vast majority of manufacturing jobs have been lost to automation, not foreign competition.

Reply to
trader_4