Garage door opener

When the push-button on my remote is accidentally pressed, it opens my garage door 200 feet away.

Is there any way to reduce the distance?

Reply to
home owner

Fold up the antenna wire.

Reply to
gfretwell

Park closer?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Are you trying to make the garage door opener less sensitive to a signal, or just limit the range of your remote?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

When I'm in my house and the push-button on the remote is accidentally pushed, the garage door 200 feet away opens. Is there a way to reduce the distance?

I have a LiftMaster 3240 1/2 HP Screw Drive Garage Door Opener

Reply to
home owner

Fix the source of the problem. Fix the button so it's harder to push.

Reply to
mike

grfe... and Uncle Monster:

Thank you!

Reply to
home owner

Already resolved by grfe... and Uncle Monster

Topic closed

Reply to
home owner

Or don't carry it in your pocket

Reply to
clare

There is a chance their solution will not solve your problem.

Are you or a close neighbor a Ham or CB radio operator? An opener might be over-powered by radio transmitter with its antenna near the opener's receiver. It has happened to me several times.

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

I posted the wrong model number. Under the front light cover, the Model is 13561.

I've folded the antenna wire in half but the garage opener still operates when the remote control is more than 200 feet away.

I then coiled the antenna wire but the opener still operates when the remote control is more than 200 feet away.

What do I need to do so the opener operates only when the remote is within 100 feet?

Reply to
home owner

Try wrapping the remote completely in aluminum foil. If this kills its signal output enough that it won't activate the opener at all, or only if very close to opener, then begin removing a bit of foil, a little at a time, until it won't work past 100 feet.

If fully covered, and it still operates, then put the remote somewhere it does not get "bumped" ;-)

Good Luck........

Reply to
Retired

I have a "garage door open" detector alarm just in case it accidentally opens.

Reply to
Jim

Did it come with the "garage door opener" or did you have to buy it as a separate device?

nb

Reply to
notbob

  1. Find a measuring device and mark a spot 100 feet from the garage.
  2. Sink a pole in the ground at that spot.
  3. Nail the remote to the pole.
  4. Problem solved.
Reply to
Sam Hill

This was an add-on purchased separately.

Jim

Sure. Get closer.

Reply to
micky