Hand tools -- Store with Spring compressed -- or not?

I very seldom use "garden pruners," that's the wife's problem....

But, I was putting away a pair of expensive Swiss pruners that she left on the picnic table this afternoon and I automatically "locked" them in the closed position with the spring compressed.

But, I randomly wondered if that would significantly shorten the life of the spring and if it would be better to store them with the the "jaws open," or uncompressed.

Probably makes so little difference it's not worth considering, but just one of those random thoughts that bug you at times.

Opinions?

Reply to
tim birr

Simply as a safety measure I would store them closed and locked.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Reply to