Grundfos SQE and Pressure Tank

Have had a new Grundfos SQE pump installed. The existing pressure tank is still in use. It is 60 gallons. CU301 is set to 60. Installer said he calibrated the tank. Anyone know what that meant? Don't recall him changing the pressure in the tank.

Looking for info as I'd like to use the lower PSI settings to save electricity when the power is out and I am powering it with a generator.

Thanks!

Reply to
Jefff

Withith pressure tanks they would be set at about 5 psi lower than the pump kicks on at.You might try tinkering around with a tire guage and air compressor on sunday or something.Maybe like 7-10 psi lower in the tank and see how the water pressure is then.The whole idea is that you push water in the tank and compress the air so that your pump doesn't have to work so hard. It compresses the air in the tank and allows enough pressure to help water in the house when its not in serious demand.Air will disolve in water so watch out.If the tank is fairly old then check it every two months.Expecially if their is no blatter. Hope this helps, Country

Reply to
Country

Should be a simple operation. The pressure switch should have adjustment screws, usually one of them will be taller and turning it changes both the cut-in, cut-out pressure. The differential between them should be 20psi. A fairly good residential setting is 30/50 but some sprinklers will be obstinate at the 30 end.

Once you change the pressure, then adjust the tank air to be 2 psi below the cut-in. Some tanks have a sticker specifying the same as the low pressure setting (mine does) but I go with the 2psi lower. Read the pressure from the same guage tho. They don't all read the same unless you have a high quality one. Best ot use the tank pressure gauge.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

You should google "Grundfos cu301 Operation Manual" to find answers to your questions. I have the same system. I is recommended to ONLY use a 2 gallon pressure tank which should be pressureized to

70% of the pressure setting you want to run at. You can easily change the system pressure by pressing the pressure buttons on the controler. You use pressure gauge and air pump (same as you would use on car tires) to check and change tank pressure. Your pressure tank should have a valve stem on top, same as on a car tire. I am not sure you using such a large pressure tank is a good idea. You should use more forums or contact company that makes the pump to see if it is OK. Posted from the Free Home Improvement Forum at
dogevans

Concerning the Grundfos sqe pump with CU301 and Go App, What is the difference between the stop operating mode and the normal operating mode? It seems like every time I set the operating mode to"normal" the pump must be running, then when I return to check it is off and on "stop" mode? Please explain? THX

Reply to
Neal Wittels