Groundhog day is disappointing

Thought I'd celebrate groundhog day. Went to the store and all they had was rotisserie chicken. No groundhog.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'll leave it to you to choose the proper wine :

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Does not look bad except for the feet. I'd leave them out. Most white wine would be good with it. Oaked chardonnay would be my choice.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The local news mentioned the movie Groundhog Day with Bill Murray. I've never seen it or have forgotten it.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I'd give it a solid 3 1/2 out of 5.

Harold Ramis of Second City / GhostBusters was the big cheese - Director ... sharing screenwriting & producing. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Yep - but that's the whole theme of the movie. John T.

Reply to
hubops

I mentioned in another thread that raw ground beef (at least plain, without the other ingredient of tiger beef) is not as good as steak raw.

The same is true of raw ground hog. OTOH groundhog steaks are great raw. Sorry they didn't have any.

Reply to
micky

Groundhog tastes like chicken. I used to deer hunt near Punxsutawney and one afternoon the little critter presented himself and ended up as the next days lunch.

Sitting at breakfast here in DE yesterday the sun was just rising and you could not see your shadow and watching the TV in Punxy they said the groundhog saw his shadow. I know sunrise there from my hunting days is about 15 minutes after ours.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I saw a cartoon. Mrs. Groundhog said "my husband always lies"

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Skunk probably tastes like chicken. I've never gotten that comparison, most famously with Chicken of the Sea. Tuna is a fish and tastes like a fish. I will admit I've had chicken that tasted like fish. I don't think I want to know what they were feeding it.

Reply to
rbowman

"Chicken of the Sea" compares the relative abundance of chicken to the relative abundance of tuna. It had nothing to do with taste.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

That was probably true a few decades ago. The species that can pass as tuna has broadened a bit. I prefer the cat food grade to the high priced tasteless white meat albacore.

You need a handy portable DNA tester these days.

Reply to
rbowman