Government stimulus hurting the economy!

Former Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan is blaming the lagging recover on the government's intervention! Specifically, he blames Obama and the Democrat's outrageous deficits which are sucking money from the economy.

Some good zombie komrad on one of the newsgroups thinks the problem is not enough government spending! Too much government spending has historically extended recessions and actually CAUSED the Great Depression. Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. That is a wonderful description of Obama and the Democrats!

This should be a no-brainer. If you or I spend more than we can possibly make we will go bankrupt. If the government spends more than you and I make, it will go bankrupt.

Mike D

Reply to
Michael Dobony

Libertarian Alan Greenspan has a helluva nerve commenting on ANYTHING in the realm of fiscal policy, after he stood by and watched the meltdown he did so much to encourage! Reminds me of that immortal line from "Casablanca" where the French officer is "shocked, shocked" to discover gambling going on.

Greenspan had the brass-balled chutzpah to be "shocked" that the markets didn't correct as his teeny-weeny Libertarian "brain" assured him they would.

Get thee to a nunnery, Greenspan, along with the other fanatics, religious and economic.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

To be fair, we didn't let them even try to correct. We threw over a trillion dollars of borrowed money at the problem before we even understood how bad it was, mostly based on dire predictions from the same people who caused the problem in the first place. Not surprisingly, those are the only people who came away unscathed. They even got fat bonuses.

Reply to
gfretwell

Actually Greenspan was once pretty much on top of things. He handled the Federal Reserve with the touch of a master to keep inflation under control.

Then he married a liberal (Andrea Mitchell). His last ten years of government service were a disaster.

Reply to
HeyBub