stimulus energy credit

I'm looking at replacing my AC unit (20 years old, SEER 12) and possibly my furnace (14 years old, natural gas).

Looking at the new stimulus bill, it appears that you can get a tax credit of 30%, up to $1500, for 'high efficiency' AC units.

Does anyone know the particulars of this tax credit, and what constitutes a 'high efficiency' unit?

I'm located in Texas.

Reply to
trailer

My guess, what is "Energy Star" rated,

Even without a credit, you being in Texas I bet you could save near 50% on your AC electric bill with a top new model. Im sure you pay alot to be cool in summer.

Reply to
ransley

Usually anything rated as Energy Star complies. Do some research and you may find low or no interest financing as well as state rebates.

Start here and check your state web sites also.

Edwin Pawlowski