Groups no longer supports new Usenet posts or subscriptions. Historical content remains viewable.

An updated web-searchable no-login web-search archive that reports a unique URL will need to be located that allows people to search before they post to the c.m.a newsgroup and which allows unique references to recent posts.

Reply to
Indira

Yes, it is a wonderful thing.

Reply to
Ed P

No. It's a bad thing. The search engine is gone. Everything that dejanews did for us is gone.

It's only a good thing for those people who spam the group every day. But it's a very bad thing for those who research things before posting.

For a.h.r., for example, if you want to look up what people said in the past about brand X shop tools, you won't be able to easily find it now.

Sure, many people just ask the same questions that have already been asked a thousand times before - but the good posters look it up before they post.

Now the smart people have to find another usenet search to find older posts and that will result in a lot more posts on topics long ago fully covered.

Reply to
Indira

The past is still there and searchable so all is not lost.

Reply to
Ed P

On Fri, 23 Feb 2024 12:36:13 -0700, Indira posted for all of us to digest...

Why would one want info on 20 year old tools one can no longer get parts for? Just search for info and be done. Life moves on...

Reply to
Hiram T Schwantz

I got thank you's for a number of years on one of my posts. Clearly, long term storage of posts here can be valuable.

What is the name for that website that copies this group?(Homeowners????) Do they have a long record of posts? How complete is it?

Reply to
Bob F

HomeownersHub

They suggest they go back 20 years. I found that post I mentioned from 2015.

Reply to
Bob F