Good roofer referral in Los Angeles area ?

I have had 3 inspections and two estimates for my present shake roof, which I wish to re-roof to 50 year architectural asphalt. (In the GAF Grand Canyon style, but not necessarily that brand, Tamko and CertainTeed, for example are also ok, Elk is not). The 3rd inspection occurred yesterday, but will not have an estimate for me until roughly a week from now.

I have found that the first person who came was not as honest as I thought, when I spoke at length with him, after having acquired more data from other professionals and the like. This first person also indicated that he would not be available for half a year. I would like to get 2 more inspections and estimates.

I am in the Los Angeles / Hollywood area and would appreciate leads or suggestions of who to next call for the 2 more inspections and estimates, from folks also in this area. I could do the yellow pages route, but why not utilize this resource. Obviously I don't prefer a roofer to refer himself, although that might work well, also. But perhaps some of you might have had a very good experience with a roofing company in this general locality. I am willing to pay for experienced roofers and quality materials. Thanks. V

Pls use J43329(at)yahoo(dot)com if you need a private address.

Reply to
Veronica

appreciate leads or

and

My neighbor and I, in the Long Beach/Torrance area, recently had good experience with the following firm which I believe services your area too:

Master Select Roofing Inc., 1309 South Eastern Avenue, LA-90022. Phone there is 323.262.5523.

I don't know if the company does the type of roof you are seeking.

Please post your conclusions, naming names, here so others can benefit.

Reply to
CWLee