Glueless Laminate Flooring

Costco has a sale going on their Harmonics Glueless Laminate Flooring and I am thinking of replacing my parquet flooring with it. Does anyone have any experience with the "Harmonics"? Is it real wood? Can it be put into a bathroom successfully?

Reply to
Blue

what are you nuts?

yes it is crap

no it is crap

yes until it gets wet

I would re-finish the parquet

I hope that's not what is in your bathroom if so it sounds like your house is built ass backwards.

Reply to
New Arty Boy

The Costco flooring is a good product, but I would not use it in a bathroom where a shower or tub is used. It is laminate not wood Laminate=(like formica counter tops) If you have parquet in the bathroom now the laminate would be ok but I would use a water proof wood glue on the seams where it snaps together to help keep the water out. Also use the best padding under the laminate floor preferably one that is also a vapor barrier.

AZCRAIG

Reply to
cm

I don't know about Costco's brand but I have Sam's clubs brand Uniboard, in my bedrroom. I like it very much. It is not wood . Easy to put down and easy care . Don't put it in bathroom or kitchen area. Won't take the moisture. Plus if you have dogs in your house their nails will scratch it.

Get the distrbutors name or website off the box before buying .. Call them or e-mail them. That is what I did and ask a lot of questions and see what kind of warranty they give. Mine is made in Canada.

Pat.

Reply to
Pat