generac sucks cease and desist (2023 Update)

My mother who lives in SW Florida had a Generac whole house generator installed a few years ago. After about six months of weekly testing the generator company told her the generator had failed. It turned out the cheap Chinese starter was bad and it was replaced with an American made starter free of charge. They went around to all the other generators they had installed and also changed their starters.

Reply to
badgolferman

How many years ago was that?

I've been using Generac whole-house generators in both the houses I have lived in, since 2007. Never a failure of any type. I do have them serviced periodically, though. The one at the farm has run up to 2-1/2 weeks straight. I love watching TV and drinking hot coffee while everyone else around me is in the dark.

-dan z-

Reply to
dyno dan

It was either last year or this year. I don't know the complete details though.

Reply to
badgolferman

From what I've heard up here in Canada if you get a good one, you are fine - but if you get a bad one you are SCREWED - and the bad ones SEEM to outnumber the good ones - particularly in the smaller air cooled units. Servicing is CRITICAL but it's not a "silver bullet".

Reply to